Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Tuesdays Unwrapped


Like most people in our situation, we are renters. And this house has some awesome qualities and some quirks. Many quirks reveal themselves at poor times like the towel rack just falling to the floor during a shower. Or this bathroom cabinet door. Papa Bear has fixed this door countless time and we're not really sure why it keeps breaking on us. We could call in the owner's handyman...but I think that's more trouble than it's worth. 

And so as I walked into the bathroom for the umpteenth time and saw the door hanging like this, I took a deep breath and thought about it. Why was it frustrating me? Could I use this as a reminder of how I am? I sometimes seem all put together and doing fine. Then suddenly the door swings open and unhinges. 

So thank you God, for the unhinged door that reminds me we're all a little broken and we all really need you....the ultimate handyman. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-47022012-1